06 October 2009

Sveriges Television (Swedish TV)


For some reason Swedish TV reruns American sitcoms all the time. Right now Everybody Loves Raymond and Married with Children are both running. You're also really likely to find any of the following on TV after work hours: Friends, Scrubs, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Seinfeld, What I Like About You, or Two-and-a-Half Men. I've seen a couple other shows as well, like Oprah, Tyra, Ellen, and Miami Ink. It's strangely comforting and familiar. The only difference is that Swedish subtitles run across the bottom of the screen, and all the commercials are in Swedish, other than that I could be at home in Raleigh or Atlanta watching my own TV. Funny what becomes comforting thousands of miles away from home. The other night there was a terrible movie about male escorts or something on TV, but it was set in Atlanta, and the scenery stirred up an overwhelming sense of nostalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment